AUGUST 2016 CHALLENGE!
This month's challenge is to STAY HYDRATED, especially in the summertime heat and humidity, when sweating is more of a part of everyday life. Add fruit to your water to make it flavorful without the added calories. You can add lemon, lime, blueberries, kiwi, strawberries, grapefruit, and oranges! You can even add mint to any of the fruit combinations above to make a mock mojito! Lemon is my personal favorite because it aids in digestion and contains pectin, an ingredient that fills you.
Some benefits to drinking more water:
- Drinking more water helps you feel full! Most often, we are thirsty not hungry. The body sends us the same signals when we are hungry and thirsty, so always drink a glass of water before meals to ensure not overeating!
- Drinking more water helps us to eliminate added water weight.
- Drinking more water helps to keep your skin clear and healthy.
- Drinking more water aids in digestion and organ function.
- Drinking more water helps you exercise longer and harder.
RECOMMENDED WATER INTAKE:
- Women: try to get at least 3 liters (100 oz) a day, plus an addition liter (34 oz) for every hour of activity.
- Men: try to get 4 liters (135 oz) a day, plus an addition liter (34 oz) for every hour of activity.