CHIA PUDDING!! AKA the most tasty and filling snack perfect for adding tons of toppings and is a great substitute for tapioca pudding. First off, chia seeds have a high fiber content, meaning that they keep you full and reduce cravings. These little guys also help you stay hydrated, lower blood pressure, and are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, AND.. fun fact: they are hydrophilic, so they ATTRACT water, and form a gelatinous coating around them.. growing up to 10x their original size. I love eating this when I'm craving anything sweet, and I also use it as a topping on my oats, yogurt, or even ice cream! I make it in a small batch and use it for the week.
- 4 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 cups of almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- cinnamon (optional)
- stevia (optional)
RECIPE (makes 4 servings):
- Pour chia seeds and almond milk into sealable mason jar.
- Add in cinnamon and stevia (if desired).
- Shake and put into refrigerator for at least 2 hours (I usually put in overnight).
- Open and enjoy!
- Add toppings to your pudding like fruit or granola!
- Use the pudding as a topping, on yogurt or oats.